Business Traveller is one of my favourite magazines because it contains relevant information on hotel loyalty programs, destination information as well as airline news. If you happen to be visiting a PARKROYAL or Pan Pacific (or any other participating property in Global Hotel Alliance), it may be wise to purchase a Business Traveller Plus VIP membership for £27.49 (approx. S$57) which gives you GHA Platinum status for a year.
You will also receive the following benefits (that are actually relevant - I have removed the rest):
- Business Traveller magazine delivered monthly in either digital or print format
- Free access to all content on businesstraveller.com, including current and archive issues of Business Traveller
- The ability to post on the businesstraveller.com forum, and comment on news articles
- Free Platinum membership of the GHA Discovery loyalty programme
- Discounts of up to 25 per cent on Priority Pass lounge membership
- A free SIM and 100MB of free international roaming data for three months with Globalgig
- A local pre-paid SIM card for just £5 courtesy of Ritesim, plus an ongoing 10 per cent off SIM purchases
- Complimentary dessert at Morton's The Steakhouse restaurants across Asia
As a GHA Platinum member myself (until I turned GHA Black recently), I have almost always gotten my associated benefits - one-tier room upgrade and late check-out at 3pm regardless of booking channel.