AccorHotels has announced plans to acquire 80% of the leading player in premium customer and employee loyalty services - John Paul. The remaining 20% stake will be kept by the founder of the company, David Amsellem, who will remain as CEO of John Paul. Following the acquisitions of Wipolo, Oasis Collections, SquareBreak and onefinestay, the acquisition of John Paul, will transform AccorHotels into a travel companion providing innovative services to travelers at every step of their journey.
John Paul was founded in Paris in 2007 and it merged with LesConcierges in 2015 to create the world leader in loyalty services with a total company strength of 1,000 across five continents. The team works with some of the world's leading brands to provide bespoke concierge services around the clock (24/7) to meet the needs of their customer's requests.
Equipped with a proprietary Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and data platform that is based on behavioural profiling and personalisation, John Paul has a network of 50,000 partners in over 50 countries to provide the most exhaustive and global solutions to brands in the financial, automotive, travel, consumer, healthcare, pharma, luxury industries and more. AccorHotels positions itself as the best provider of multi-nature services to guests, supporting the whole customer journey, from non-hotel offers to 24/7 assistance through an integrated and innovative solution.
A management agreement has been signed between the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and Watson Elite for Sydney's first Hotel Indigo which is slated to open in 2021. The third Hotel Indigo property planned for Australia (following the Hotel Indigo Brisbane Fortitude Valley as well as Hotel Indigo Melbourne Docklands), Hotel Indigo Sydney Central, will be located opposite Capitol Square in the central precinct of Sydney.
The Six Senses Duxton (the first of two heritage buildings that will collectively create the Six Senses Singapore) is scheduled to open next month on 15 April 2018. This will be one of the newest hotels to open in Singapore this year and the Six Senses Maxwell is set to open later this year. The first property is currently taking reservations and there is also an opening offer that you could take advantage of.
The Crowne Plaza Changi Airport has once again been named the World's Best Airport Hotel as well as the Best Airport Hotel in Asia for the fourth consecutive year at the World Airport Awards by Skytrax. In addition to this, the property will also be celebrating her 10th anniversary this year by giving away a grand prize worth S$18,000 (inclusive of 1 million IHG Rewards Club points!) as well as special room packages with added benefits.
As part of the 'Smart Fullerton' experience, new digital touch points like an in-room e-Compendium tablet (provided by Tapendium) are set to reinvent the hospitality experience for the modern traveller. The Fullerton Hotel as well as The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore have managed to digitalised the traditional compendium into a tablet across all 500 rooms and suites.
Indulge without guilt at the Capella Singapore's designer kitchen, Chef's Table with Wellness Tea Time. Conceptualised by Sandra Lim of Live Fruitfully, a certified Raw Food Chef from The Matthew Kenney Culinary Institute, and Chef David Senia, the Culinary Director of Capella Singapore, the new take on the classic afternoon tea experience uses distinctive wholesome ingredients and it is available every Friday from 3:00PM to 5:00PM.
Myanmar's very first Sofitel property has just opened along the shores of the famous Inle Lake. The Sofitel Inle Lake Myat Min is a luxury boutique resort that is set to become a new destination for couples and travelers looking for serenity in Myanmar’s Shan State. The property is not only accessible by car but can also be reached via motorboat for guests who wish to get a chance to see the Intha rowing experience, where boatmen adopt the well-known traditional one-legged rowing technique to row their boats on Inle Lake.
The InterContinental Hotels Group has just announced its agreement to acquire 51% stake in Regent Hotels and Resorts (which in turn makes them the largest shareholder) for $39 million in cash. They will then have the right to acquire the remaining 49% interest in a phased manner from 2026.
The recently opened Fairmont Austin is now the largest hotel in Austin, Texas and it is also the second largest Fairmont hotel globally, in both number of rooms and total meeting and event space. With nearly 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space as well as 1,048 rooms and suites, the Fairmont Austin is situated in the vibrant Central Business District (CBD) with direct access to the Austin Convention Center via the Red River Canopy Walk.
Publico Ristorante in InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay will be bringing the best of the Isle of Capri to Singapore with a brand new Sunday brunch experience (11:00AM to 4:00PM) that is filled with contemporary Italian dishes and exuberant cocktail concoctions. Expect to find classics with an Italian twist in the à la carte brunch menu alongside the ultimate Italian classic, the Aperol Spritz. The combination of Mediterranean flavours with the breezy terrazza, cool house tunes and dynamic entertainment makes Publico the ultimate brunch destination.
A brand new property on the beautiful Belitung Island in Indonesia has just been unveiled - the Fairfield by Marriott Belitung, which is located at Tanjung Pendam Beach offers remarkable sunset views and local culinary delights alongside the brand’s signature warm, inviting hospitality.