If you reside in Singapore and you are not already an Esso Smiles Loyalty Programme member, you're in luck! There are two things you need to do to receive 1,200 free KrisFlyer Miles.
- Head down to an Esso Station to sign-up for the programme.
- Sign-up for Auto Conversion - If you do this in-store, you will receive only 1,000 miles but if you do it on-line yourself, it's 1,200 miles in the bag!
Smiles Points Conversion Rate
You generally earn 1 Smiles Point for every litre of Synergy fuel purchased at any Esso service station. However, if you do purchase over 250 litres of Synergy fuel in a calendar month, you will earn a 35% bonus on your Smile Points that month which will be credited into your account by the end of the following calendar month. Therefore, if you do purchase 250 litres of Synergy fuel for the month of June, you will receive 325 (250 + 75) Smiles Points by the end of July. Auto conversion takes place on a weekly basis. Smiles Points earned will not expire as long as a qualifying purchase is made with the same Smiles card every 12 months.
If you are one of five new sign-ups to accumulate the most number of Smiles Points (e.g. if you drive a Hummer), you will win 10,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles!
The following conversion rate applies: 110 Smiles Points = 100 KrisFlyer Miles
You may also choose to convert your Smiles Points to other programmes:
- Asia Miles: 150 Smiles Points = 100 Asia Miles
- LinkPoints: 500 Smiles Points = 1,500 LinkPoints
- Citi Dollars: 150 Smiles Points = 400 Citi Dollars (160 Miles)
It is worth noting that converting to Citi Dollars and then into KrisFlyer Miles will earn you more miles than the auto conversion in this promotion. For the sake of comparison, both conversions have been weighted down to 100 Smiles Points.
- Auto Conversion Method: 100 Smiles Points = 90.9 KrisFlyer Miles
- Citi Dollars: 100 Smiles Points = 106.7 KrisFlyer Miles.
The latter method does require an Administrative Fee of S$25 per conversion so it is important to keep that in mind when deciding.
Promotional Period: up until 31 July 2014.