IHG has just announced the Gourmet Collection membership which is an annual (paid) membership that offers unlimited wining and dining discounts and some other perks that go along with it. There are two main tiers in this membership (Tier 1 and Tier 2) which comes with a different price tag - Tier 2 is the same as Tier 1 but it comes with a complimentary weekend stay voucher that you can utilise at any participating IHG property in Singapore and Batam.
Tier 1 Benefits (S$388 Nett a Year)
- 25% off Total F&B Bill (excludes Service Charge) at all Participating Restaurants and Bars in Singapore and Batam (participating IHG properties only, of course).
- 15% off Best Flexible Rate (blackout dates apply) - not sure if these count towards elite qualifying nights
- 1 x “Stay One Night, Receive One Night” Weekend (Fri-Sun) Room Certificate (Participating IHG Properties only) including breakfast, subject to availability.
- 2-hour Complimentary Parking (when dining at any Participating Restaurants and Bars)
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates for each one of the participating hotels excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates, valid across all participating IHG Singapore and Batam properties excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Accommodation Certificates for each participating Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 1 x Group Dining Certificate per hotel, offering 50% off the total food bill, for up to ten persons.
- 1 x Complimentary Cake per hotel, valid at any restaurant. Valid with a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Complimentary Bottle of House Wine per hotel, for a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Birthday Celebration Certificate at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
- 1 x Baby Shower Celebration at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
Tier 2 Benefits (S$548 Nett a Year)
Exactly the same as Tier 1 with ONE additional benefit: 1x Complimentary Weekend (Fri-Sun) Stay of One (1) night (Participating IHG Properties only) for two persons, including breakfast, subject to availability.
Should I get Tier 1 or Tier 2?
The price different is S$160 Nett and if you are thinking about using that complimentary weekend at the InterContinental Singapore (where you Ambassador benefits will stack with this promotion too), you should definitely get the Tier 2 membership. Rates at the InterContinental Singapore generally go from S$260 Nett without breakfast on a low-occupancy weekend.
UOB has just updated the list of participating airlines that will earn you 6 miles per dollar (or more accurately, UNI$15 for every S$5 spend) when you book on the specific Expedia landing page using a valid UOB PRVI Miles card. All eligible bookings have to be completed by 31 March 2018 and travel must be completed by 30 June 2018.
It appears that Club InterContinental as well as InterContinental Ambassador guests are currently receiving a complimentary LUXE City Guide (Digital) for the city that they are visiting. About a week before my stay at the InterContinental Singapore, I actually got an email notifying me about this benefit and the whole registration process is pretty straight forward.
Mileslife will be awarding double KrisFlyer miles on the platform from 25 December 2017 to 31 December 2017. Convert all your dining expenses into valuable KrisFlyer miles which you can then use for free flights in Business Class and First Class!
If you have an existing Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) with Emirates Skywards account linked, you may be targeted for an exclusive opportunity to earn bonus Starpoints. While I have not stayed in many Starwood properties this year and I have not flown on EK in 2017, my account was targeted with an offer to earn up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints after completing three eligible stays.
Start planning your travels next year because Hilton Honors has just announced the Points Unlimited offer for all eligible nights consumed between 01 January 2018 and 30 April 2018. Hilton Honors will have to register for the promotion prior to checking-out and they will be able to earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay as well as an additional 10,000 Bonus Points every 5 stays (effectively 4,000 Bonus Points per stay if you combine the promotion) during the promotional period. Do note that all hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio with the exception of Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China are participating in this promotion - great news!
Hilton Honors (free to sign-up!) members are now able to save up to 25% off their stays from now until 31 December 2018 (yes, next year!) if you book one of the participating hotels across Asia-Pacific by 18 January 2018. This is a great opportunity to check out out the newly-refurbished rooms and suites at the Conrad Centennial Singapore if you have not.
Register for IHG's new Accelerate Offers for 2018 to find yourself a set of tailored offers for a chance to earn plenty of IHG Rewards Club Points! The set of challenges differ from member to member and therefore the only way to find out what your account was targeted for is to sign-in and register for the promotion. Do bear in mind that the current Accelerate promotion is still running and these challenges should only be completed between 01 January 2018 and 30 April 2018.
You can now buy United Airlines MileagePlus Miles and enjoy up to 100% bonus miles on eligible purchases made between now and 31 December 2017. It is important to check whether your account has been targeted with the 100% bonus (it has been for mine) and stacking this expense with the right credit card can present a double-dipping opportunity.
It always pays to travel when you are still young and Hoshino Resorts is currently offering all young travellers between the age of 20 and 29 the chance to visit all participating KAI properties at a jaw-dropping rate of JPY 19,000 Nett (approximately S$230) per person for one night - two meals are provided on each stay. This is valid across all 14 KAI locations from 01 December 2017 to 31 March 2018.
Hilton is currently running a 50% off flash sale once again for all participating properties in Japan, South Korea and Guam (yes this includes to marvellous Conrad Tokyo and the super-convenient Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku). This 50% off sale will run until 2:00PM (JST) on 24 November 2017 for all stays between 21 November 2017 and 30 June 2018.