IHG has just announced the Gourmet Collection membership which is an annual (paid) membership that offers unlimited wining and dining discounts and some other perks that go along with it. There are two main tiers in this membership (Tier 1 and Tier 2) which comes with a different price tag - Tier 2 is the same as Tier 1 but it comes with a complimentary weekend stay voucher that you can utilise at any participating IHG property in Singapore and Batam.
Tier 1 Benefits (S$388 Nett a Year)
- 25% off Total F&B Bill (excludes Service Charge) at all Participating Restaurants and Bars in Singapore and Batam (participating IHG properties only, of course).
- 15% off Best Flexible Rate (blackout dates apply) - not sure if these count towards elite qualifying nights
- 1 x “Stay One Night, Receive One Night” Weekend (Fri-Sun) Room Certificate (Participating IHG Properties only) including breakfast, subject to availability.
- 2-hour Complimentary Parking (when dining at any Participating Restaurants and Bars)
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates for each one of the participating hotels excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates, valid across all participating IHG Singapore and Batam properties excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Accommodation Certificates for each participating Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 1 x Group Dining Certificate per hotel, offering 50% off the total food bill, for up to ten persons.
- 1 x Complimentary Cake per hotel, valid at any restaurant. Valid with a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Complimentary Bottle of House Wine per hotel, for a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Birthday Celebration Certificate at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
- 1 x Baby Shower Celebration at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
Tier 2 Benefits (S$548 Nett a Year)
Exactly the same as Tier 1 with ONE additional benefit: 1x Complimentary Weekend (Fri-Sun) Stay of One (1) night (Participating IHG Properties only) for two persons, including breakfast, subject to availability.
Should I get Tier 1 or Tier 2?
The price different is S$160 Nett and if you are thinking about using that complimentary weekend at the InterContinental Singapore (where you Ambassador benefits will stack with this promotion too), you should definitely get the Tier 2 membership. Rates at the InterContinental Singapore generally go from S$260 Nett without breakfast on a low-occupancy weekend.
Purchase at least 10,000 Bonus Points with the World of Hyatt program and get 40% more points between now and 9 August 2017. Members are allowed to purchase up to 55,000 Bonus Points each calendar year and they are priced at USD 24 (SGD 33) per block of 1,000 points. Taking advantage of this promotion will reduce the rate to approximately USD 17 (SGD 24) which can potentially be of great value if you use it wisely.
Want to go on a vacation but haven't made plans? Emirates is currently running a sale that will take you out of Singapore from S$469! Simply book between 05 July 2017 and 16 July 2017 to benefit from Emirates' Autumn Economy Class fare promotion - visit Europe from just S$1,029!
If you have held the Citibank PremierMiles Visa Credit Card for the last 6 months of longer, chances are that you would have received a targeted offer to earn (well, purchase) 31,200 miles for S$238 once S$9,000 (in local or equivalent foreign currency) has been charged to the card between 01 July 2017 and 31 August 2017. Registration is absolutely essential for this promotion.
Singapore Airlines has previously released some really cheap app-only fares from just S$70 and while this is nowhere near as newsworthy, you can now enjoy special app-only rates to four of their latest destinations - Canberra, Düsseldorf, Stockholm and Wellington.
The best airlines in the world, Emirates, is running a Great Singapore Sale fare right now which starts from just S$469 and S$1,869 for a return-ticket in Economy and Business respectively. Simply make your booking between 13 June 2017 and 26 June 2017 for travels between 20 June 2017 and 31 December 2017 to take advantage of this sale.
Celebrate Chope's 6th birthday with 600 Chope-Dollars (which is equivalent to S$18) for making a valid reservation today (13 June 2017) on the Chope app, and attending it before 31 December 2017. If you do not have a Chope account (what are you waiting for?!), sign-up for free now and get up to 300 bonus Chope-Dollars.
Planning to go somewhere soon? Redeem your KrisFlyer miles between 12 June 2017 and 11 July 2017 and save 50% off required miles on all eligible SilkAir award flights on Business and Economy. With the removal of Fuel and Insurance (YQ) Surcharges since early this year, getting to your dream destination has gotten a lot more affordable! Redemption on Economy and Business cabin starts from just 3,750 and 8,750 KrisFlyer miles respectively.
Earn up to 3x Le Club AccorHotels Points when you stay in an eligible property across Asia-Pacific from 10 June 2017 to 10 September (registration is absolutely necessary). These bonus points are awarded in addition to the Rewards Points and Status Points that are usually earned by the Le Club AccorHotels member. As I have covered previously, the Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program gives a certain percentage of cashback in terms of points and this can go as high as 8.8% if you are a Platinum member. With this promotion, you may be eligible for up to 18.8% cashback as a Platinum member!
Receive up to 40% off all participating Hilton properties in China when you book between 6 June 2017 to 18 August 2017. This special promotion is valid for all eligible stays between 8 June 2017 and 28 February 2018. As part of the promotion mechanism, you will receive up to 40% off suites, 30% off executive rooms and 20% off deluxe rooms.
The famous Super Sale is back and AccorHotels is offering up to 40% off (30% for non-Accor Plus members) globally with complimentary breakfast thrown in for all eligible stays between 07 July 2017 and 30 November 2017. All bookings have to be made before the end of 09 June 2017 but you should definitely consider booking as soon as possible as these promotional rates generally go out fast.