IHG has just announced the Gourmet Collection membership which is an annual (paid) membership that offers unlimited wining and dining discounts and some other perks that go along with it. There are two main tiers in this membership (Tier 1 and Tier 2) which comes with a different price tag - Tier 2 is the same as Tier 1 but it comes with a complimentary weekend stay voucher that you can utilise at any participating IHG property in Singapore and Batam.
Tier 1 Benefits (S$388 Nett a Year)
- 25% off Total F&B Bill (excludes Service Charge) at all Participating Restaurants and Bars in Singapore and Batam (participating IHG properties only, of course).
- 15% off Best Flexible Rate (blackout dates apply) - not sure if these count towards elite qualifying nights
- 1 x “Stay One Night, Receive One Night” Weekend (Fri-Sun) Room Certificate (Participating IHG Properties only) including breakfast, subject to availability.
- 2-hour Complimentary Parking (when dining at any Participating Restaurants and Bars)
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates for each one of the participating hotels excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates, valid across all participating IHG Singapore and Batam properties excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Accommodation Certificates for each participating Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 1 x Group Dining Certificate per hotel, offering 50% off the total food bill, for up to ten persons.
- 1 x Complimentary Cake per hotel, valid at any restaurant. Valid with a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Complimentary Bottle of House Wine per hotel, for a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Birthday Celebration Certificate at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
- 1 x Baby Shower Celebration at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
Tier 2 Benefits (S$548 Nett a Year)
Exactly the same as Tier 1 with ONE additional benefit: 1x Complimentary Weekend (Fri-Sun) Stay of One (1) night (Participating IHG Properties only) for two persons, including breakfast, subject to availability.
Should I get Tier 1 or Tier 2?
The price different is S$160 Nett and if you are thinking about using that complimentary weekend at the InterContinental Singapore (where you Ambassador benefits will stack with this promotion too), you should definitely get the Tier 2 membership. Rates at the InterContinental Singapore generally go from S$260 Nett without breakfast on a low-occupancy weekend.
Grab is finally on ShopBack and you can now receive cashback for the trips you take on GrabCar. To celebrate this launch, ShopBack customers are able to earn S$1 cashback for the first GrabCar ride they take daily between 24 March 2017 to 31 March 2017.
Celebrate your love for Singapore this year with an SG52 Staycation at the Dorsett Singapore! Offering a 52% off the Best Available Room Rate for all weekend stays from 02 June 2017 to 31 December 2017, as well as on Singapore National Day itself, this is a deal you do not want to miss. While the stay date might still be pretty far out, it is a good idea to book now because reservation is already open and only five rooms will be allocated each night for this promotion!
Book any one of the participating AccorHotels properties in Australia between now and 30 April 2017 to enjoy complimentary breakfast - stays have to be completed before 31 May 2017. If you are not aware of the changes to Le Club AccorHotels program that happened earlier this year, only base points count towards earning and retaining your status now.
For three days only, enjoy 10.5% upsized cashback for hotel reservations made on Expedia when you go through ShopBack. All you have to do is simply head down to ShopBack before clicking on Expedia before you make your reservation the same way - earn 10.5% on all hotel reservations made during 21 March 2017 to 23 March 2017.
Hilton Honors (read all about the recent changes HERE) is currently running a 100% bonus on Hilton Honors Points with a minimum purchase of 5,000 Hilton Honors Points. Using these points effectively can essentially cover your stays in properties like the Hilton Tokyo and the Conrad Tokyo where a room may be expensive in dollars but reasonable as a redemption night.
For the whole month of March 2017, book for a stay (to be completed before 31 December 2017) at any DISCOVERY hotel to win a free two-night stay at ANY participating DISCOVERY property. Every eligible booking will count as one entry so make sure you book between 01 March 2017 to 31 March 2017 for a chance to walk away with a free two-night stay.
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) is currently running a sale that offers up to 30% off Starpoints - if you live in Asia-Pacific and do not have Gold Elite status with the program, you can find out how to fast track to Gold Elite in just one stay. Once you have your status, you can link it to your Marriott Rewards account to give you Gold Elite and that will in turn give you guaranteed lounge access at all participating properties.
The Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel is offering business travellers a seamless Bangkok experience that is perfect for work and play - enjoy sophisticated luxury with impeccable service at one of Bangkok's most sought-after location. The brand new Anantara Siam Bangkok Executive Stay package is designed to maximise productivity while ensuring that you are well taken care off so you can focus on doing what's important.
I wrote about the quiet opening of the Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon previously and it seems like the hotel has started to take reservations from 01 August 2017. Information about the Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon is still pretty scarce at the moment but here's what we know about the room rates and room types for now - this is Singapore's cheapest Hilton property so it is perfect for weekend mattress runs!
The Fullerton Hotels - The Fullerton Hotel and The Fullerton Bay Hotel - have just unveiled two new room packages that will cater towards guests who are looking for quality lifestyle experiences and those who want to spend time with their loved ones.