Similar to the previous Big Win where I earned 28,000 IHG Points from 3 eligibles stays (click HERE to read more about my previous Big Win), IHG has once again launched a similar promotion called Into The Nights for the rest of the year!
You will find a list of personalised offer (from your previous stays and your country of residence) after logging into your IHG account. While you have to satisfy a set of challenges in order to earn your two free nights, many of these challenges can be undertaken at the same time. From an optimisation standpoint, it would be best if you can complete your challenge by spending the least amount of money and time for this promotion.
I was presented with a set of 7 offers (or challenges rather) that I have to fulfil. Completing 6 out of 7 of these offers will trigger the bonus of 17,000 IHG Points or 2 Free Nights. Since the cheapest IHG property in Singapore is 20,000 IHG Points a night, it would not make sense to take the first unless of course you have no intention of travelling in the near future.
Here are my following seven offers:
- Stay More - 6 Nights (8,800 Points)
- Explore Our Brands - 4 Brands (19,200 Points)
- Book with IHG - 3 Stays (2,200 Points)
- Take our Survey (100 Points)
- Foodie - Spend $39 (600 Points)
- Authentic Experiences - 2 InterContinental Hotel and Resorts (9,600 Points)
- Bonus Point Package Reward - 1 Bonus Points Package Stay with Breakfast (2,000 Points)
There are four IHG brands in Singapore - Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, interContinental and Crowne Plaza. Therefore, if I were to complete this challenge in Singapore only, I will have to forsake Offer 6 since it requires me to travel to another InterContinental destination.
However, if I were to undertake this promotion, I will choose to complete Offers 1 to 6 to trigger my bonus free nights instead. From the looks of it, I will have to stay a minimum of six nights to benefit from this promotion. Read on if you want the specifics of my planned strategy otherwise, hesitate no more and log in to find out what your offers are!
1. Stay More - 6 Nights (8,800 Points)
- 1 Night - InterContinental Singapore
- 1 Night - Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
- 2 Nights - Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore
- 1 Night - Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay
- 1 Night - InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
2. Explore Our Brands - 4 Brands (19,200 Points)
Fulfilled 4 brands requirement with the planned stays.
3. Book with IHG - 3 Stays (2,200 Points)
Use Ebates to get back 4.5% cashback.
4. Take our Survey (100 Points)
Easy 100 points.
5. Foodie - Spend $39 (600 Points)
Charge breakfast or room service to room in InterContinental Kuala Lumpur or InterContinental Singapore to benefit from the ongoing 2X IHG Points promotion for F&B (until 31 October 2014).
6. Authentic Experiences - 2 InterContinental Hotel and Resorts (9,600 Points)
Fulfilled two InterContinental hotels with the stay in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
It will cost me approximately S$1,500 nett to complete six nights in the aforementioned properties and it will earn me the following:
- 55,500 IHG Points (40,500 from Into The Nights promotion, 15,000 from base spending and platinum bonus)
- 2 Free Nights (from Into The Nights promotion)
- US$45 (from Ebates Cashback)
While it isn't a spectacular promotion, it isn't half bad either. I haven't actually decided whether or not I will take advantage of this promotion but if I do, that's the plan. Besides, I'm curious to find out more about the two free nights (and the restrictions that go behind it).