IHG has just announced the Gourmet Collection membership which is an annual (paid) membership that offers unlimited wining and dining discounts and some other perks that go along with it. There are two main tiers in this membership (Tier 1 and Tier 2) which comes with a different price tag - Tier 2 is the same as Tier 1 but it comes with a complimentary weekend stay voucher that you can utilise at any participating IHG property in Singapore and Batam.
Tier 1 Benefits (S$388 Nett a Year)
- 25% off Total F&B Bill (excludes Service Charge) at all Participating Restaurants and Bars in Singapore and Batam (participating IHG properties only, of course).
- 15% off Best Flexible Rate (blackout dates apply) - not sure if these count towards elite qualifying nights
- 1 x “Stay One Night, Receive One Night” Weekend (Fri-Sun) Room Certificate (Participating IHG Properties only) including breakfast, subject to availability.
- 2-hour Complimentary Parking (when dining at any Participating Restaurants and Bars)
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates for each one of the participating hotels excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Gourmet Collection Certificates, valid across all participating IHG Singapore and Batam properties excluding Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 2 x $50 Accommodation Certificates for each participating Holiday Inn Express hotels.
- 1 x Group Dining Certificate per hotel, offering 50% off the total food bill, for up to ten persons.
- 1 x Complimentary Cake per hotel, valid at any restaurant. Valid with a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Complimentary Bottle of House Wine per hotel, for a minimum of two diners.
- 1 x Birthday Celebration Certificate at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
- 1 x Baby Shower Celebration at Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium only.
Tier 2 Benefits (S$548 Nett a Year)
Exactly the same as Tier 1 with ONE additional benefit: 1x Complimentary Weekend (Fri-Sun) Stay of One (1) night (Participating IHG Properties only) for two persons, including breakfast, subject to availability.
Should I get Tier 1 or Tier 2?
The price different is S$160 Nett and if you are thinking about using that complimentary weekend at the InterContinental Singapore (where you Ambassador benefits will stack with this promotion too), you should definitely get the Tier 2 membership. Rates at the InterContinental Singapore generally go from S$260 Nett without breakfast on a low-occupancy weekend.