While there are currently three Design Hotels in Singapore, two of them have officially jumped on the list of Design Hotels™ (from 16 March 2016) that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest programme. Both of them are currently Category 4 properties and will require 10,000 Starpoints for a free night.
1. Wanderlust, Singapore, a Member of Design Hotels™
2 Dickson Road, Singapore 209494 (SPG Category 4)
Wanderlust is located in Little India and it offers different themed rooms for guests with a sense of adventure. This is also Unlisted Collection's third property in Singapore.
2. New Majestic Hotel, Singapore, a Member of Design Hotels™
31-37 Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore 089845 (SPG Category 4)
The New Majestic Hotel is one of Singapore's most hipster and possibly most Instagram-ed hotel. The property is housed in a traditional conservation shop house located in the heart of Chinatown and it focuses on strong design, local culture and the Arts.
From what I can see the Wanderlust Hotel has the cheapest room rate (starts from S$149++) and it could a great way for SPG members to earn and retain status. According to the website, Design Hotels and SPG currently have limited participation and this is what SPG Members can expect from the stay:
- 2 Starpoints per eligible US dollar spent (with a 50% bonus for SPG Gold and Platinum members, and 100% bonus for Platinum members with a minimum of 75 Eligible Nights)
- Night and stay credit toward elite status
- On-property benefits of internet access and bottled water in room
- Gold Preferred and Platinum Preferred members will automatically receive a Starpoints bonus as their Welcome Gift.