A couple of days ago I was considering the purchase of a Qantas Club membership - this is basically a paid membership with Qantas that offers a number of benefits for the cardholder whenever he or she travels on an eligible Qantas or Jetstar flight. The main benefit that I am interested in is access to the Qantas lounges - I have previously checked out the Qantas International Lounges in Singapore and Hong Kong respectively (when I used to hold Gold status with the program).
I wanted to purchase the Qantas Club Membership a couple of days ago but was largely put off by the price (especially the joining fee of AUD 360) and since I hardly travel on Qantas or Jetstar - the regular price for residents outside of Australia and New Zealand is AUD 400 per year before an applicable joining fee of AUD 360 - that's a total of AUD 760 (SGD 790)! If you purchase between now and 12 May 2017, this will only cost you AUD 456 (SGD 474) so that's 40% worth of savings.
Obviously with a longer membership period, the price (rounded-up) of the Qantas Club drops quite a little bit - the 4-year membership offer requires a payment of AUD 1,026 (SGD 1,064) but it offers almost 44% savings off the annual membership if you opt for a single year only.
- 1 Year: AUD 456 (SGD 474) per Year
- 2 Years: AUD 324 (SGD 337) per Year - 29% Savings!
- 4 Years: AUD 257 (SGD 267) per Year - 44% Savings!
It is worth noting that if you do intend to use the International Lounge in Changi Airport often, it only opens from 2:30PM each day and so if you tend to travel on Jetstar or Qantas in the morning, this club membership may not be as useful. Here are the other published benefits that the Qantas Club offers:
- Unlimited access to the largest lounge network of any Australian airline;
- A complimentary guest visit each time you travel;
- Access to On Departure Upgrades using Qantas Points on Australian domestic flights;
- Additional checked baggage allowance when travelling on Economy or Premium economy and Priority check-in on Qantas flights;
- Discounts on Qantas Meeting Rooms in Australia.
It is also worth noting that the standard delivery time is 3 weeks - but an express delivery can be selected (for an additional AUD 40) to have the membership kit delivered in 3-7 business days (international destinations).