The Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York is the latest addition to IHG's global portfolio of hotels worldwide - this new inclusion also takes the global system size up to 5,000. As a joint-venture between IHG and Brack Capital Real Estate, this property is New York City's third Hotel Indigo brand and it is located in one of Manhattan’s most attractive neighbourhoods.
With a total property inventory of 3,500 in December 2003, IHG has added a total of 1,500 hotels over the past decade which includes the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for the Holiday Inn® brand family, during which IHG removed more than 1,000 properties across the brand’s estate.
Let's take a look at IHG's road map to success over the last decade or so:
- 2003: IHG becomes a standalone company and acquires Candlewood Suites®; more than triples the presence of the brand following acquisition.
- 2004: IHG launches the Hotel Indigo® brand. Hotel Indigo has more than 60 properties open globally and this number is expected to double in size within the next three to five years.
- 2007: IHG embarks on the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for its Holiday Inn® brand family. Holiday Inn now has more than four times the number of rooms outside of the US than its nearest competitor, whilst Holiday Inn Express® has doubled its presence outside the US since 2007. This makes the Holiday Inn brand family the largest global hotel brand in the world, with the largest global pipeline.
- 2012: IHG launches HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, the first hotel brand specifically designed for Chinese travellers. IHG opened its first HUALUXE® properties in 2015.
- 2012: IHG launches the EVEN Hotels brand for wellness-minded travellers; an industry first. IHG opened its first two EVEN properties in the US, in 2014.
- 2013: IHG celebrates opening of 200th hotel in Greater China.
- 2014: IHG opens its 400th Crowne Plaza® property and 200th Staybridge Suites® hotel.
- 2015: IHG acquires the world's largest independent boutique hotel operator, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Indigo brand.
Conrad Bali will be presenting a limited-time "Yum Cha Festival" in August 2017 which will showcase unique steamed and fried gourmet dim sums and Peking duck at the Suku Restaurant (which is located in Conrad Bali Suites.), its all-day-dining restaurant and also Azure, pool-side bar. The buffet spread will also feature dishes prepared by Chinese Executive Chef Simon Leung of Conrad Beijing.
A dual-brand management agreement has just been signed by the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) and PT. Graha Agung Indahsentosa to debut two hotels, Holiday Inn Resort Bintan Lagoi Beach and Hotel Indigo Bintan Lagoi Beach in Bintan, Indonesia. The newly-built hotels are set to open in 2019 and they will be situated in the prime Lagoi Bay area.
One of the most highly-anticipated property in Bali, the Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach has just opened to celebrate both the ancient and modern zeitgeist of Bali. The newly-built property offers 289 beautifully-appointed rooms that embraces both modern and traditional which is apparent throughout the design of the hotel - there are no hotels in Seminyak that offers such a beautiful blend of old and new.
A brand new Courtyard by Marriott property has been planned for the popular beachside resort area in southern Vietnam. Slated to open in 2020, the Courtyard by Marriott Nha Trang Hon Tam Resort will be situated on an exclusive resort island that is located 20-minutes away from Nha Trang city.
Marriott International has just announced the first Fairfield by Marriott brand in Greater China with the opening of the Fairfield by Marriott Nanning Nanhu Park. A partnership between Marriott International and the Dossen International Group will see the introduction of the brand across different cities in China over the next five years. The new-built Fairfield by Marriott Nanning Nanhu Park will feature open spaces that are suitable for both work and entertainment and the design of the hotel's guest rooms have all been inspired by the fundamental themes of relaxation and simplicity.
According to the latest Chinese Luxury Traveller Report 2017 by Hurun Report Awards. the Ritz-Carlton remains to be the "Most Popular Luxury Hotel" as voted by Chinese high net-worth individuals for the second consecutive year. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards loyalty program has also taken the top spot as being the "Most Popular Luxury Hotel Membership Programme".
It has been slightly over 18 months since my last stay at The St. Regis Singapore and I am still dreaming about the food and opulent suites there. Here are four things that you will definitely miss once you have experienced the epitome of luxury in the heart of Orchard Road at The St. Regis Singapore.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has just announced its entry into the luxury yachting and cruises industry by bringing the award-winning luxury brand, The Ritz-Carlton, to the high seas. By incorporating the brand's exceptional service and timeless style, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection aims to bring luxury accommodation to the sea as well. The first of three lavish cruising yachts in this series is scheduled to take to sea in the fourth quarter of 2019.
As we are waiting on the arrival of some new hotels to open in Singapore this year, the YOTEL Singapore whose design inspiration stems from first class travel cabins, has already started to take reservations from 01 November 2017. The new YOTEL in Singapore aims to cultivate a sense of community within the hotel through large open spaces for co-working, social gatherings and wellness while providing the essential elements of luxury hotels in rooms and cabins where weary travellers will be able to enjoy in the privacy of their own rooms.
The top luxury brand of AccorHotels Group, Raffles Hotels & Resorts has just announced the signing of a historic partnership between the Hinduja Group and Obrascon Huarte Lain Desarrollos (OHLD) to transform Winston Churchill's iconic Old War Office building in Whitehall into one of the most unique hotel and deluxe residences in London - The Raffles London.