The Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York is the latest addition to IHG's global portfolio of hotels worldwide - this new inclusion also takes the global system size up to 5,000. As a joint-venture between IHG and Brack Capital Real Estate, this property is New York City's third Hotel Indigo brand and it is located in one of Manhattan’s most attractive neighbourhoods.
With a total property inventory of 3,500 in December 2003, IHG has added a total of 1,500 hotels over the past decade which includes the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for the Holiday Inn® brand family, during which IHG removed more than 1,000 properties across the brand’s estate.
Let's take a look at IHG's road map to success over the last decade or so:
- 2003: IHG becomes a standalone company and acquires Candlewood Suites®; more than triples the presence of the brand following acquisition.
- 2004: IHG launches the Hotel Indigo® brand. Hotel Indigo has more than 60 properties open globally and this number is expected to double in size within the next three to five years.
- 2007: IHG embarks on the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for its Holiday Inn® brand family. Holiday Inn now has more than four times the number of rooms outside of the US than its nearest competitor, whilst Holiday Inn Express® has doubled its presence outside the US since 2007. This makes the Holiday Inn brand family the largest global hotel brand in the world, with the largest global pipeline.
- 2012: IHG launches HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, the first hotel brand specifically designed for Chinese travellers. IHG opened its first HUALUXE® properties in 2015.
- 2012: IHG launches the EVEN Hotels brand for wellness-minded travellers; an industry first. IHG opened its first two EVEN properties in the US, in 2014.
- 2013: IHG celebrates opening of 200th hotel in Greater China.
- 2014: IHG opens its 400th Crowne Plaza® property and 200th Staybridge Suites® hotel.
- 2015: IHG acquires the world's largest independent boutique hotel operator, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Indigo brand.
It has been one year since Ash & Elm was introduced in the iconic InterContinental Singapore which is located along Middle Road in Bugis. From now until 23 November 2016, indulge in a host of dining deals from semi-buffet lunches to daily dinner deals and even a bubbly brunch on Sundays. Find out all about the special dining deals at Ash & Elm now!
Singapore's most iconic hotel, the Raffles Hotel Singapore will be undergoing major restoration works beginning 2017 and the hotel has plans to close late-2017 for a grand opening in quarter two of 2018. The last restoration was conducted between 1989 and 1991 where the hotel closed for a full two and a half years.
One of Singapore's oldest (and definitely my favourite!) Italian restaurant, Pete's Place (located within the Grand Hyatt Singapore) has just gotten a brand new Chef de Cuisine - Chef Cataldo Chiloiro who has over 25 years of culinary experience under his belt. A newly-refreshed a la carte menu has also unveiled as part of this change.
Available on weekdays (expect Public Holidays) from 12PM to 230PM daily, enjoy a Dim Sum Set Lunch at Mitzo Restaurant & Bar from just S$28++ per person. Located within the Grand Park Orchard, Mitzo Restaurant & Bar is known for her classy dim sum and killer cocktails (alongside that famous char siew that everyone goes crazy for).
A management agreement between OUE Limited and Oakwood Asia Pacific Ltd will set Oakwood to manage the brand new Oakwood Premier OUE Singapore (located at OUE Downtown) which is located in the Lion City's commercial district. This property will add to Oakwood's award-winning portfolio of the finest serviced apartments in the world.
The brand new Novotel Suites Hanoi has just opened in the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi, and it offers travellers a brand new accommodation option in the heart of the city. Travellers will be able to choose from 87 spacious studios and 64 one, two and three bedroom apartments. The Novotel Suites brand offer suite-type units that are spacious and functional, and can be adapted into a working or reception area. The rooms, which accommodate up to four people, come with a kitchenette and several amenities that cater to all types of guests and for different lengths of stays.
In a world-first partnership between Qantas and Airbnb, Qantas Frequent Flyer members are now given the opportunity to earn Qantas Points whenever they book their Airbnb accommodation via qantas.com. All 11.4 million Qantas Frequent Flyer members will be able to earn one Qantas Point for every AUD that they spend on any one of Airbnb's 2.5 million accommodation listings across 191 countries.
The Hilton Singapore's il Cielo restaurant has been on my list of recommendations ever since I checked it out for dinner one evening during a media tasting. The poolside restaurant is also located on the roof so the view is actually quite nice but more importantly, the restaurant is actually running a pretty good Set Lunch special from just S$25++ on weekdays.
The beautiful Opus Bar & Grill located inside the Hilton Singapore is ramping up the steak offerings with a carefully curated selection of U.S. prime grade cuts from Greater Omaha in USA. This is one of the best places in Singapore for a charcoal-grilled steak especially when you consider the quality and value ratio (they do have some amazing promotions too like free-flowing wine for 2 hours).
AccorHotels has just named the Best Global Hotel Chain at the TTG Travel Awards 2016. This is the second consecutive year that AccorHotels has won the award and be sure to update yourself on the upcoming Le Club AccorHotels changes that are happening next year! Chairman and CEO Sebastien Bazin also won the award for being the Travel Personality of the Year.