The Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York is the latest addition to IHG's global portfolio of hotels worldwide - this new inclusion also takes the global system size up to 5,000. As a joint-venture between IHG and Brack Capital Real Estate, this property is New York City's third Hotel Indigo brand and it is located in one of Manhattan’s most attractive neighbourhoods.
With a total property inventory of 3,500 in December 2003, IHG has added a total of 1,500 hotels over the past decade which includes the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for the Holiday Inn® brand family, during which IHG removed more than 1,000 properties across the brand’s estate.
Let's take a look at IHG's road map to success over the last decade or so:
- 2003: IHG becomes a standalone company and acquires Candlewood Suites®; more than triples the presence of the brand following acquisition.
- 2004: IHG launches the Hotel Indigo® brand. Hotel Indigo has more than 60 properties open globally and this number is expected to double in size within the next three to five years.
- 2007: IHG embarks on the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for its Holiday Inn® brand family. Holiday Inn now has more than four times the number of rooms outside of the US than its nearest competitor, whilst Holiday Inn Express® has doubled its presence outside the US since 2007. This makes the Holiday Inn brand family the largest global hotel brand in the world, with the largest global pipeline.
- 2012: IHG launches HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, the first hotel brand specifically designed for Chinese travellers. IHG opened its first HUALUXE® properties in 2015.
- 2012: IHG launches the EVEN Hotels brand for wellness-minded travellers; an industry first. IHG opened its first two EVEN properties in the US, in 2014.
- 2013: IHG celebrates opening of 200th hotel in Greater China.
- 2014: IHG opens its 400th Crowne Plaza® property and 200th Staybridge Suites® hotel.
- 2015: IHG acquires the world's largest independent boutique hotel operator, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Indigo brand.
The Raffles Europejski Warsaw is slated to open in early 2018 to welcome a new chapter in an extraordinary history which spans 160 years. Located on the Royal Route and neighbouring the cobbled streets of the Old Town with its own high-end retail space, the Raffles Europejski Warsaw will be home to 106 elegant suites with bespoke furniture, oak floors, a corner library and a carefully curated Polish art by Anda Rottenberg and Barbara Piwowarska.
Get your burger fix at the Pan Pacific Singapore's Pacific Marketplace and Atrium from 23 October 2017 to 25 November 2017. Bite into delicious and juicy Wagyu beef patties sandwiched between herbs-infused burger buns done in three different styles - the beef is of a similar premium grade of beef from the award-winning Japanese restaurant Keyaki.
The InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay is one of the most awaited hotels to open in Singapore this year. Following the property's opening on 12 October 2017, Publico Deli (a component of the entire Publico concept) is now open to the neighbourhood to bring fresh Italian produce and friendly service to the public. Publico will consist of the Public Deli (which is now open), a restaurant as well as a bar.
The InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay is the second InterContinental-branded property in Singapore and it is one of the most highly-anticipated luxury hotels to open in Singapore this year. Home to 225 luxurious studios and suites (including an expansive Penthouse), the InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay is located along the Singapore River and it fits in carefully in the leafy, upscale neighbourhood of Robertson Quay.
After much speculation in the market, AccorHotels has just announced the the signature of an agreement with Mantra Group Limited with the view to acquire all of the issued capital in Mantra by way of a scheme of arrangement to be approved by Mantra shareholders. Under the terms of the agreement AccorHotels would offer AUD3.96 in cash for each Mantra share including any potential special dividend.
Following the successful launch of Club Marriott 2.0 back in May last year, Marriott International has announced the launch of a brand new integrated Club Marriott 3.0 which brings together three of Asia Pacific's most prominent dining loyalty programs – Club Marriott, Eat Drink & More, as well as Star Privilege. This brand new Club Marriott membership will allow members to benefit from a greater selection of properties (now that some of the Starwood properties are participating as well) and discounts when dining out at one of 250 participating hotels across the region.
Suzhou is often recognised as one of China's most famous historical and cultural cities. The first Le Méridien hotel to open in Suzhou, the Le Méridien Suzhou, Suzhou Bay, is expected to provide creative-minded guests and travellers the opportunity to unlock the destination through the Le Méridien brand lens which highlights coordinates, culture and cuisine.
Following the grand opening of The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi two weeks ago, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. has just unveiled the latest addition to its collection of global properties with its first presence on the Eastern coast of Thailand, Koh Samui. The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui is located on the Gulf of Thailand and it seamless combines the brand’s legendary service with the traditional spirit of Thai hospitality and colorful Samui island life culture to create a unique melting pot of indelible new memories.
Slated to open in October 2017, the Courtyard by Marriott Singapore Novena is one of the newest hotels that will be opening in Singapore this year. The hotel will occupy the 22nd to 33rd floor of the Royal Square @ Novena which is a mixed-used development building that is directly linked to the Novena MRT Station. At the time of writing, the property is taking reservations from 01 November 2017 and it is possibly the lowest-priced Marriott property (excluding Starwood Hotels & Resorts properties) in Singapore.
AccorHotels has just unveiled her very first property in Mongolia - the 95-room ibis Styles Ulaanbaatar Polaris which is located in the Khan Uu District. The property is a short 15-minute drive from the Chinggis Khaan International Airport and it features a sleek interior design with bright colours of orange and turquoise echoed by a wall of playful graffiti artwork.