The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has recently announced the launch of two new global initiatives for business travellers - IHG Assist and IHG Meeting. The experience is expected to enhance the stay of both business guests and corporate partners worldwide. Read on to find out what these two initiatives are!
Designed to address the growing concern for travellers' safety and security, IHG Assist is the answer to corporate client requests. IHG will feature the following security measures through IHG Assist so that employees who visit locations that are prone to natural disasters or political unrest will benefit:
- IHG Assist Groups & Meetings Service: A 24/7 phone line to answer client concerns regarding traveller safety and security.
- IHG Security Consultations: Security consultations between a corporate client’s security team member or travel manager, and a member of IHG’s Global Security Team to address risk assessment concerns and security queries.
- Guest Location Services: Corporate clients will be offered access to information about their employees’ location during times of crisis and emergencies.
IHG Meeting Point
As part of IHG Small Meetings Solution, IHG Meeting Point is a streamlined approach to small and mid-size meetings which will solve an industry need for higher levels of service. IHG Meeting Point allows IHG hotel employees to develop industry-specific knowledge which is beneficial to the growing client needs in the market (especially when they come from industries with specific requirements and needs).
IHG Meeting Point addresses these specific needs in many ways, which includes the following:
- Pharmaceutical companies are driven by a heavy regulated industry in which exclusivity is key –having two pharmaceutical companies staying or hosting events at the same hotel, during the same time is prohibited. IHG Meeting Point allows IHG hotel staff to manage these confidential bookings in a way that ensures no two pharmaceutical companies are staying in, or meeting at, the same hotel at any given time.
- Energy companies value offerings such as the IHG Green Engage® system, a global standard across the IHG portfolio helping hotels in delivering greater sustainability. IHG Meeting Point helps bring together clients with hotels who meet the advanced criteria for our IHG® Green Engage ‘Level 3’ system.