Staycations in Singapore the Cheaper Way - HotelQuickly

HotelQuickly has evolved so much since I first used it and since then, I have utilised the service at least five times. I do not generally book properties with a strong loyalty program (e.g. Hyatt and Hilton) on HotelQuickly as these room nights do not count towards retaining my status each year. However, you will find really great deals on HotelQuickly especially if you know how to stack promotions. Here's how you take full advantage of HotelQuickly in Singapore: 

1. Sign-up Using a Referral Code for S$25 Credit

If you do not have a referral code on hand, feel free to use my promo code MCHUA21 when you sign up to get free S$25 credit that you can use on your first booking (with no minimum spend required)! 

  • Download "HotelQuickly" app and install it on your mobile device.
  • Register for a new account. 
  • Click on Credits and click on the ADD/REDEEM button below.
  • Enter "MCHUA21" (without the quotation marks) to get S$25 credit. 

2. Keep an Eye out for Additional Promo Codes (10% this Weekend!)! 

If you follow HotelQuickly on Facebook or Twitter closely, you will be amongst the first group of people who will know about the latest promotional codes. Right now, if you enter 2015F1, you will receive 10% off your hotel bookings in Singapore and Johor Bahru that is valid until 28 September 2015 (Monday) with a minimum spend of S$99. This promotion stacks with any existing promo codes that are valid on your account.

Photo Credit: HotelQuickly

Photo Credit: HotelQuickly

3. Use HotelQuickly More to Save Up to 8% MORE (Loyalty Program)

While HotelQuickly claims to give you a hotel rate that is on average 28% cheaper than anywhere else online, it also has a loyalty program (status resets every year) that gives you up to 8% more discount on all hotel reservations made: 

  • Silver Member (4%) - after 1st booking
  • Gold Member (6%) - after 5th booking
  • Platinum Member (8%) - after 10th booking

4. Watch Out for Last Minute Deals

If like me, you make most of your staycation decisions on the day of stay (or the night before), you will benefit from HotelQuickly's booking system. While you used to be only able to make reservations for the day and the day after, you are now able to book up to 6 days out in Singapore. It is sometimes cheaper to book via HotelQuickly because of the promo codes that stack so it's a good idea to compare the prices with the official hotel website. 

(HotelQuickly in Singapore)

If today was 25 September 2015 (Friday), you will only be able to check-in on the day itself and the day after (25 and 26 September 2015) only. 

(HotelQuickly in Singapore)

If today was 25 September 2015 (Friday), you will be able to check-in any day for the week ahead (25 September to 01 October 2015).

5. Combine, Combine and Combine (Promotions)

Like all other great deals, the best way to save is to combine and stack promotions. There are multiple ways to do this and I'm going to list a few (which are by no means exhaustive). I am currently a Gold Member on HotelQuickly (since I have made 5 bookings already this year on the platform) and therefore I receive an additional 6% on all reservations. Here's a possible way to stack on promotions while maximising miles and cash rebates:

  1. Sign-up for HotelQuickly using my promo code MCHUA21 to get S$25 (if applicable)
  2. Top Up EZ-Link Imagine American Express® Prepaid Card with DBS Women's World MasterCard (uh-huh!) for 4 miles per S$1. 
  3. Use Gold Member Discount (6%) if applicable and Additional Promo (10%) to get a total of 16% off.
  4. Use EZ-Link Imagine American Express® Prepaid Card to Pay for Hotel to get 5% Rebate (up to S$5 a month).