The Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York is the latest addition to IHG's global portfolio of hotels worldwide - this new inclusion also takes the global system size up to 5,000. As a joint-venture between IHG and Brack Capital Real Estate, this property is New York City's third Hotel Indigo brand and it is located in one of Manhattan’s most attractive neighbourhoods.
With a total property inventory of 3,500 in December 2003, IHG has added a total of 1,500 hotels over the past decade which includes the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for the Holiday Inn® brand family, during which IHG removed more than 1,000 properties across the brand’s estate.
Let's take a look at IHG's road map to success over the last decade or so:
- 2003: IHG becomes a standalone company and acquires Candlewood Suites®; more than triples the presence of the brand following acquisition.
- 2004: IHG launches the Hotel Indigo® brand. Hotel Indigo has more than 60 properties open globally and this number is expected to double in size within the next three to five years.
- 2007: IHG embarks on the hospitality industry’s largest ever brand refresh for its Holiday Inn® brand family. Holiday Inn now has more than four times the number of rooms outside of the US than its nearest competitor, whilst Holiday Inn Express® has doubled its presence outside the US since 2007. This makes the Holiday Inn brand family the largest global hotel brand in the world, with the largest global pipeline.
- 2012: IHG launches HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, the first hotel brand specifically designed for Chinese travellers. IHG opened its first HUALUXE® properties in 2015.
- 2012: IHG launches the EVEN Hotels brand for wellness-minded travellers; an industry first. IHG opened its first two EVEN properties in the US, in 2014.
- 2013: IHG celebrates opening of 200th hotel in Greater China.
- 2014: IHG opens its 400th Crowne Plaza® property and 200th Staybridge Suites® hotel.
- 2015: IHG acquires the world's largest independent boutique hotel operator, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Indigo brand.