I recently received an email from a reader with the following InterContinental Ambassador benefits - do note that this is not official and it was basically a survey that was sent out to a member in the IHG Rewards Club Advisors team. The proposed membership in this survey is priced at USD 250 (instead of USD 200 at the moment) and it offers a number of potentially interesting and useful benefits on top of the usual ones that current InterContinental Ambassador members are getting.
New benefits in the survey-listed InterContinental Ambassador brochure includes the following:
- One complimentary buffet breakfast per night - good benefit but slightly annoying if you are sharing the room with another person since you are probably better off booking a breakfast-inclusive rate. It is nice a buffet breakfast (instead of a continental one) is offered but this is not a big issue in Asia-Pacific since most of the hotels give a full buffet breakfast even when continental is listed as a benefit.
- USD 20 F&B Credit - nice benefit if you can use it for a mini-bar but most people do not eat in the hotel unless they are traveling for business (in which case the USD 20 F&B credit is not as attractive since it all goes into corporate expenses anyway).
- Platinum Elite Status in IHG Rewards Club - much better than Gold Elite which gives you nothing much at all but once again, no guaranteed benefits with being Platinum Elite (or even Spire Elite) so to real value to me personally.
- Annual Pass to InterContinental Club - nice benefit but not exceedingly significant.
- Annual Suite Upgrade during Paid Stay - Good benefit if it is on-going and not a once-off benefit. Encourages members to stay more instead of just buying the membership to milk the benefits in just one stay.
Once again, it is important to note that these benefits are not official as they might just be sounding members out regarding new benefits that they wish to introduce. I am personally up for these changes and would love to see them being rolled-out.